Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Late summer gifts

Last night we got to see the full moon after all! The cloud cover of yesterday began to lift late in the afternoon, and by the time I got off work (at 9:30pm) it was shining golden overhead. I hurried home, and did a little moon gazing before bed. Here in our new house, the windows in the master bedroom make a lovely frame for the moon when it reaches it's full phase. I opened the blinds and drifted off to sleep with the silvery light shining in.

I don't have to work today, so twilight will find me sitting on our back patio, glass of wine in hand, waiting on lady moon to make her appearance. It should be a great night for it...the heat has finally subsided a little over the past couple of days.  Husband keeps telling me that I should enjoy the summer weather while it lasts, and he's right. I will be sad when winter comes and the earth is cold and sleeping. I will long for green leaves, warm breezes, flowers, and long days and will be counting the weeks until summer returns. Thinking of this keeps everything in perspective and makes me mindful of living in the moment and enjoying each season's special gifts. Even if it is hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment