Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rainy spring morning

In Just-
  spring   when the world is mud-
  luscious the little
  lame balloonman

  whistles   far   and wee

  and eddieandbill come
  running from marbles and
  piracies and it's
  spring

  when the world is puddle-wonderful

  the queer
  old balloonman whistles
  far   and   wee
  and bettyandisbel come dancing

  from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

  it's
  spring
  and
     the

        goat-footed

  balloonMan   whistles
  far
  and
  wee


e.e. cummings



It has been raining for most of the past week.  Everything continues to bud and bloom early, especially with all this extra moisture.  This is my favorite time of year.  Very early spring is so beautiful in this part of the world, and March is my birthday month.  I don't anticipate much of a birthday celebration this year due to the ongoing health/financial issues in our household, but I do plan to take the time to notice and appreciate my favorite season. 

2 comments:

  1. My oldest daughters birthday is the 15th. Hope you have a good one. You guys have each other, that should be enough :^) Have mixed feelings about tommorrow. My wife and daughters will be there along with some friends. I consider myself blessed. I'll try and get some news posted as soon as I'm able. X.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, here is my e-mail (thebogaman@gmail.com) and this is my wife GiGi's (2gigi@centurytel.net). I'll tell her you might be sending an e-mail. X.

    ReplyDelete