Thursday, April 19, 2012

Long weekend

I am about to have three days off in a row. I haven't had a three day weekend since before the holidays, unless you count the week I took off in January when my husband had surgery. I don't think time spent in the ICU with a seriously ill loved one really counts as any sort of holiday, though.

I requested this weekend off months ago to attend the wedding of one of my dearest friends. The wedding, I'm sad to report, was cancelled a few weeks ago. This has left me with a three day weekend, and no real plans. I would love to get away, but it's a bad time for it. GB has one more chemotherapy treatment (next week) and is not feeling well enough to do much. Money is also tight, and we don't have extra cash for frivolous things like weekend trips. I'm thinking of spending the free time spring cleaning, and doing some of the chores I kept putting off all winter. I don't really want to do chores for three days, but I know I would love the end result!

 Maybe I'll do just do chores in between taking naps and reading in the hammock. To keep everything in balance, of course.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, for goodness sake. You can't have a 3 day holiday and use it for cleaning!!!

    I suggest Day 1: Take a bag of stale bread to the nearest lake, and feed the ducks.

    Day 2: Make yourself a devilishly rich chocolate cake, and listen to The Archers over tea.

    Day 3: (I'm presuming this will be Sunday) Roast a nice plump chicken with a few potatoes, buy a 'reasonably' good wine, then when all well fed, settle down to a good old movie on the telly.

    And put down that duster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...wise words indeed, sir! I will follow your sage advice. Have a lovely weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete