Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sleepless Nights

I barely slept last night.

It never seems to fail; when I need to get up super early for work, no matter how early I go to bed, I will toss and turn miserably for most of the night. Nothing seems to help. I'm too used to staying up late, sleeping in, and working later in the day. Of course, worrying about needing to fall asleep makes it that much harder to do.

Last night was particularly bad. I have eczema, and am in the middle of another bad flare up. I spent the entire night itching all over, or so it seemed. Miserable is the only word to describe it. I tossed and turned and tried not to scratch myself raw. 

And now I'm headed to work on almost no sleep. Should be a lovely day. 

5 comments:

  1. Only one word to describe this Jennifer - Bugger - I to know of this, without fail the night before my first 6am to 6pm shift at the not so fun factory I toss and turn like a...well like a tossy turny thing, seeing every bloody hour pass by apart from the last twenty or so minutes when I finally fall soundly asleep only to be dragged back to wakefulness by my adorable alarm clock!!!!!
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathise. I only sleep for about 4 hours a night, and luckily it seems to suit me fine. But I agree; knowing that you have to get up early (or miss a plane, train, meeting, etc) is the worst thing possible for a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugger! It's a strange kind of self sabotage sometimes, isn't it?
    The three days over a full moon tend to be my shopping list/angsts/itchy nights. I agree about the eczema, it's the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One or two Benadryl? Works for itching and sleep. My doctor feels that it is safe...been around for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fine to be whiny Jennifer, re your next post. Bloody go for it!

    ReplyDelete