Sunday, July 12, 2015

Cooler. Better.

Our a/c is working again, at least for the moment.

One day last week, a police officer friend of my husband's told him how the number of murders and shootings in the area always goes up sharply during a heat wave. People get irritated easily when it's so hot and sometimes even little things send them right over the edge! He said they've had their hands full this summer.

Having just spent a night and a day suffering in the heat, I can appreciate just how frayed a person's nerves can become after a while!

How much longer until autumn?

6 comments:

  1. Good that you have the a/c again. I know what is an hot summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are feeling better this morning Jennifer. Thank you for what you said on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My nerves have been a bit 'frayed' recently; now I know why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do your local air conditioning engineers have to wear body armour and carry grenades? I guess that instead of vans they arrive in tanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no, anyone with a/c problems are too thrilled to see them to do them any harm! :) And you can bet they're all raking in the cash these days with the record-setting heat we're having!

      Delete